Sunday, October 30, 2005

Whatsi-ma-happenings

Back to my usual once a week posting ways. It was good while it lasted.

Anyway, there was some cool stuff this week. 4d4m's forum has become incredibly popular among the handful of us at Hagerty that actually post on it. Anyway, it's been a great way to let off some steam while at work, and without actually getting yelled at for being too loud. It's pretty cool, and hopefully we'll get some more poeple on there and get a nice little community going.

Chapter two of the getting my home computer and Visual Studio working. After my successful XP upgrade a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't get Visual Studio installed. I decided to do a full XP reinstall. Jason brought over his (Hagerty's) USB HDD, and I copied all my stuff that I wanted saved. I did the format and reinstall and still couldn't in stall VS. So I went to reinstall my old software and found that nothing would install. After checking the event log, I discovered that it was a memory addressing error.

The problem required a BIOS flash. I'd never done it before, and I'd always heard the stories about it going wrong and destroying the MB. But, I didn't really have any choice. I did the flash, and everything went according to plan. And my PC boots faster now, woo hoo! Anyway, I setup my BIOS settings, and fired up the system. I ran the VS install, and it installed without any problems. I also got all my other software installed. Problem solved. I haven't had a chance to test yet, but I'm hoping that fixed the problem I was having with my CD-RW drive. It has been acting funny lately too.

Thanks for your help Jason.

Well, that's about all I have for today, but here is a site Jennifer found. It's a site with various video clips and such. There is some pretty funny stuff. We spent several days looking at the stuff. There, that should about cover it for this week. Later.

No comments: