Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Some days

I haven't posted in a few days. I wanted to just relax for the last few days of my vacation. I basically sat around and played Civ III all day. That reminds me, Civ IV was released yesterday. I don't have it yet, but my brother reserved me a copy and the store he works at. I've got to scrounge up some cash to pick it up. It looks awesome! I'll post a review whenever I get around to getting it.

Anyway, today started out about as crappy as could be. My daughter woke up crying at about 5AM. Between her and the dog chasing the cat around my bed, I didn't get back to sleep before it was time to get up. So I get up, get dressed and ready for work, and wander out into the living room to put my shoes on. I look out the window just in time to see the garbage truck driving away from my house. An hour earlier than they are usually here. To make matters worse, my mother in law dropped two bags of garbage off at my house last night to put out with ours. Damn.

Well, I make it to work through the wealth of incredibly stupid drivers that were out this morning. Work doesn't start out too bad. I get there and there are only a few helpdesk requests. I kick them out and clean up my inbox. Most of the day goes pretty well. Adam added a discussion forum to his website, and a few of us spent some time "discussing" on it. Then, I decided to do some of my school work that I couldn't do while I was on vacation because crappy Visual Studio wouldn't install on my home PC. Well I launch it and start working and when I build and run my project, it doesn't work. Turns out my Visual Studio at work has now crapped out as well. Looks like God is trying to make me fail this class. I'll try reinstalling tomorrow, but I have not been very impressed with VS, particularly the install process as I had problems with it the first time I installed it at work. Oh well.

On a lighter note, here is part of an email I got from Alisha today. It's pretty funny.
INDUHVIDUAL QUOTES
==================

Here now, some quotes from Induhviduals, submitted by DNRC field operatives.
Apparently the most confusing concepts for Induhviduals are anything involving
body parts, beverages, food, or animals.

"It's so cold I'm getting goose nipples!"

“I'm as full of vinegar as a Christmas turkey.”

“You can stop kicking this dead whale down the beach and find another hobby
horse to beat to death.”

"One man's trash is another man's garbage."

“I think I was speaking to Tom, and if it wasn't Tom I'm sure it was someone
else.”

"Check the pulse on the temperature."

"He's making a mole hill out of an issue."

"Don't look at me in that tone of voice!"

"I home school three children and am expecting a forth!"

"This is the worst headache I've ever had in the history of my head."

"Imitation is the sincerest form of mockery."

"The squeaky wheel gets the worm."

"You're not the smartest peanut in the turd."

"I'd give an arm to be ambidextrous!"

For some reason, these are funny but don't particularly surprise me. Here are a couple more links that I found particularly hilarious. This is an article about a new "religion", and here is the actual site for this particular "religion". I think I might be switching over! that's thats about all I have today. Hopefully tomorrow goes a little better, but I guess you just gotta take the bad with the good. Boy, was that sappy. I'll try harder tomorrow. Later


No comments: