Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where did he go?

Yeah, I haven't posted in a few weeks. No excuse really. Just been too lazy to get on the computer. How bad is that? Anyway, here I am.

Gas! Yes, that liquid that you pump into your car that costs an arm and a leg. Well, now it only costs an arm! A few days ago, gas dropped below that $2 a gallon mark here. Today, it was $1.97. How sweet is that. I do remember back in high school when gas was about 90 cents. Not quite back there yet, but after $4.25, I'll take it!

What else has been going on around here. Oh yeah, the Iceman Cometh! The Iceman Cometh (or Iceman for short) is a mountain bike race held the first Saturday of November (unless the first Saturday is November 1st). It's a 27 mile point to point race starting here in Kalkaska and ending in Traverse City. Obviously, being in northern Michigan, there is no guessing what the weather will be like. I've ridden the race four or five times now. My first year the weather was sunny and 60 degrees. Other years we've had a couple feet of snow. I haven't done it in the last few years. One year because I was busy with family, and a couple because I've missed the sign up. I know, no excuse. I'm planning on going for it again next year. I love riding, and this is a great race just to finish. There are several thousand riders, and you meet some interesting people on the trail. Maybe I'll use this blog to track my training progress for the race. First up, drop 50 pounds! LOL!

Speaking of losing weight, I really need to get healthy. Just a few years ago, I was down to about 220. I'm 6'1", so that's not much over what I want to be. I've managed to put on about 70 pounds since then. It's really depressing when you think about it. I really want to get back into shape. My daughter has endless energy, and it's all I can do just to play with her for an hour after work. Leaves me exhausted. That's not how I want to live. I'd love to get it down to about 200 pounds. That's not as low as "The Man" says I should be, but for me, that's pretty skinny. Plus, I'd like to actually have some muscle. If I was at the 180 the government recommends, I'd be a fraking twig. I've been trying to eat more reasonably the last few weeks, so if I can keep that going and start working in some exercise, I should be able to get some weight off. Maybe I'll do a weekly weight post to track my progress. I seem to do better when I know that someone might be checking on me!

One more event from this past week, SNOW! Yes, that dirty little four letter word. Yes, there are some things I like to do in the winter. I used to cross country ski a lot. Actually, that's about it. Tubing is fun, but I almost never go. I also like downhill skiing, but I do that even less than tubing. I do get to do a lot of shoveling. Yay......not. I hate shoveling. I know, it is some exercise, but it takes away from the little bit of time I have with my family during the week. I know it's a necessity. Better that losing my house to a hurricane, earthquake, or tornado if I lived most anywhere else in the country. I still don't like it! LOL

Well, I suppose that's enough for tonight. However, I'll leave you with something really cool. I saw this in my Uncle's blog. Not sure where he got it, but....WANT!!!

1 comment:

J said...

We are not getting a stars wars toaster!