Saturday, October 15, 2005

Bad call

Hey, what's up? Today was the first day of my vacation, and it was pretty nice. I slept in. Then I got up and watched cartoons for a little while. Specifically, G.I. Joe Sigma Six. You might think I'm pretty weird, but the Scarlett in this G.I. Joe is much hotter that the one in the original. You know, in a cartoon sort of way. Anyway, my wife, daughter and myself spent the afternoon in Traverse City cruising around for Halloween decorations and such. Pretty relaxing day.

Now, you may be wondering what the title of my post is all about. Well, I'm watching game four of the ALCS with the Angels and White Sox. If you watch baseball at all, you probably already know about the bad call in game 2 (if I recall correctly) that let to the White Sox win. Well, there was just another lousy call by the umpiring staff that may end up costing the Angels dearly. When the batter was swinging, the catcher stuck his glove out and it was hit by the bat. According to baseball rules, the batter should have gotten first base free, which in this case would have moved the runner on first over to second loading the bases with one out. Instead, it's called a double play and the inning was over. The Angels are currently down by 2, which they may have very well gotten if that call have been correctly made. Personally, I would love to see the Angels win solely because they are the ones who knocked the Yankees out of the playoffs. I hate the Yankees. We're only about half way, so we'll have to see if the Angels can come back.

Personally I would like to see an Angel/Astros World Series. The Astros are the Wild Card team, which is cool, and the Angels knocked out the Yankees. I don't have a personal stake, so I have to root for someone. Houston is doing pretty good so hopefully they will pull it off, and we'll see if the Angels can come back.

Right about now, Adam, (a friend at work) would be saying, "baseball sucks!", at which point I would be telling him to shut up before I come over there and kick his ass!

Suddenly, I have the munchies. I'm not hungry at all. In fact, I actually feel pretty full. I just have this horrid urge to eat. My wife was wanting some munchies earlier, so I may end up going to the store. I'm trying to resist, so we'll just have to see how it goes. Maybe if I wait long enough it will go away. Oh well. I'm going to get back to the game and cross my fingers that the Angels will come back. Later.

No comments: