Monday, October 13, 2008

WoW Patch

Well, the last patch for World of Warcraft before Wrath of the Lich King drops tomorrow, and boy is it a doozie! I downloaded most of it tonight. It's in three parts and is about one gig in size. A buddy of mine uses satellite internet, which has a daily download limit, so I was getting it for both of us. Tomorrow, that last small piece of the patch will be available.

This patch will contain most of the stuff that everyone needs for the expansion, which comes out next month. Basically, it's because if you don't buy the expansion, you still need to be able to "see" the gear and such that other people who do get expansion will have. It won't contain the new continent of Northrend, but just about everything else is most likely in this patch.

I haven't been playing WoW since I've picked up Warhammer. I plan to get WotLK, but I'll probably wait for a month or two after it comes out. Then things won't be so crowded, and they'll have worked out most of the bugs. Until then I'll keep cracking on Warhammer. I'm certainly having a lot of fun with it!

I would recommend either game to anyone in a heartbeat. WoW was my first MMO, so it will probably always be the best to me. But I certainly won't hold that against any new games that come along.

No comments: