Friday, October 17, 2008

To Boldly Go...

It's no big secret that I'm a huge Star Trek fan. My favorite series will always be The Next Generation. It's the series I grew up on. However, I like them all. I was a big fan of Enterprise too, and was very disappointed when it was canceled.

Regardless of my favorite, I know it all started with Kirk, Spock, and the rest of the original NCC 1701 crew from TOS. Imagine my excitement when I first heard that they were going to "reboot" the series with a prequel TOS movie. It's directed by J.J. Abrams, and is slated to release on May 8th, 2009. The teaser trailer first came out early this year, and the first full trailer is showing before the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, in November. Gonna have to go see that!

I think the casting looks very good. Lots of names I don't know, but several I do know. Most notably Zach Quinto, who most may know as Sylar from Heroes, as Spock. I think that could be spot on. It looks like a very fresh look at the franchise, which admittedly could use it.

Below, are a couple of my favorite images that have been released so far. First is a pic of the crew, minus Spock.


The next is a shot of the new bridge. It's very bright and Shiny. Not in complete contrast to any of the other series, but much brighter and shinier than anything we've seen before.


I'm very, VERY excited about this movie, and I can't wait to go see it. I'm not sure if my wife is nearly excited, but I've made her watch it before and while she'll deny it, she does like it. And if she doesn't, I'll just go without her! I'm not missing this!

2 comments:

J said...

I'm not nearly excited about it as you are, but I do want to see it.

Lisa said...

I like your blog. It's kooky! I stopped by to tell you that you've been tagged. Stop by Hillbilly Heart to see what it's all about!